To be a Veterinarian is to be a professional who can work in veterinary clinics, animal production, animal disease control and other areas. The responsible ownership of dogs, cats and other animals, including monitoring of a veterinarian, specialized professional to meet emergencies and clinical routines of animals.read more here!
Having so much importance to animal life as physicians for human life, veterinarians have the responsibility to guide and help daily life and routine of each animal, supplying and properly highlighting their individual and particular needs, according to race, age and species, for example.
Preventive routine exams, vaccinations and regular visits are routine professional. The animal served by he comes to have a chart control and everything is well learned in Veterinary training in Canada.
In cases of disease, for example, is a professional who has the responsibility to give the best treatment options, as well as medications that can include serious surgery, hoping to provide healing and animal welfare. It is also the veterinarian who informs the owner of the animal family that there is a better chance of healing and beside her decides by sacrifice
Other important aspects of the veterinarian profession.
Other very important aspects of the veterinary is the role that professionals play as we deal with public health, both in urban centers and in rural areas: guided by veterinary research plays a fundamental role in the control of diseases considered “control”, which are transmitted to donate animals humans.
By following specific skills and knowledge, the World Health Organization, in 1946 created the Veterinary Public Health, which defined new areas for the profession, as follows: the control of pests, food hygiene and laboratory work, biology and even experimental activities. The veterinary doctor ends up having four areas of expertise: Clinical, acting with care, exams and small pets’ surgeries;
Environmental, studying wild animals in their natural habitat, identifying species, diseases, and contributing to the preservation of animals; and the control and technology for Animal Populations, who studies development techniques and tract of cattle
Here are some very interesting sources of information of the veterinarian field available in North America, especially in Canada.
• Pre Veterinarian Education in Canada
• Vet Tech Examinations
• The challenges of working in the vet field
• University of Minnesota
• Veterinary studies in Canada
• Vet Career in Canada – know the perks – McGill University
• All Colleges in Canada that offer Vet related courses
• Funding for Vet Studies in Ontario
• Complete description of what a Veterinarian should do in Canada
• University of Calgary
• University of Saskatchewan
• Information regarding the profession
• Information about general costs to become a veterinarian
• Information about schools and accreditation in both USA and Canada
• Information regarding testing for all veterinarian professionals in both USA and Canada
• Service Canada – governmental site regarding the profession
• Read and find important texts in the field
• American Veterinary Association
• Animal Care Resources Canada
• Programs and Courses related to Veterinary in Canada
• Occupational guide for immigrant veterinarians in British Columbia
• Veterinary science courses in Canada
Good luck and be a good veterinarian!